Asian Honey Tea Grilled Shrimp
- 1 1/2 lb medium shrimp peeled, deveined Salt to taste
- 2 x green onions thinly sliced
- 1 c. brewed double-strength orange spice tea cooled
- 1/4 c. honey
- 1/4 c. rice vinegar
- 1/4 c. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. finely-minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp freshly-grnd black pepper
- In a plastic bag, combine tea, honey, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger and pepper, to make marinade. Remove 1/2 c. marinade; set aside for dipping sauce. Add in shrimp to marinade remaining in plastic bag, turning to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 30 min or possibly up to 12 hrs.
- Remove shrimp from marinade; throw away marinade. Thread shrimp onto 8 skewers, dividing proportionately. Grill over medium warm coals 4 to 6 min or possibly till shrimp turn pink and are just hard to the touch, turning once. Season with salt, to taste.
- Meanwhile, prepare dipping sauce by placing reserved 1/2 c. marinade in small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil 3 to 5 min or possibly till slightly reduced. Stir in green onions.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Leave a review or comment