Artichoke and Sausage Egg Bake – VegetarianPrep: 15 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 10by Doctor Jo39 recipes>
Artichoke and Sausage Egg Bake – Vegetarian, is made with plant-based protein sausage. Light and savory on the inside with a cheesy topping. It’s quiche without the crust. YUM! Serve it with my Homemade Challah Bread French Toast or my so easy no-knead Lemon Bubble Bread.
- 8 oz Italian Sausage links plant-based protien (200grams) cut into coins
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 6 eggs large
- 1½ cups Half and Half (340 grams)
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 12 oz marinated artichoke hearts jarred, drain and cut into small 1/2 inch pieces
- ½ lb grated cheddar cheese (226 grams) sharp
- Preheat Oven to 350° F
- Brown the sausage coins on medium heat. Once the sausage is browned remove it from the pan and saute the onions in the fat left in the pan from the sausage. Saute the onions untul soft and lightly browned.
- Add the garlic and saute for 1 more minute.
- Whisk the eggs by hand in a mixing bowl. Add the half and half, salt, pepper, sauteed onions with garlic, browned sausage, and artichoke hearts. Stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture in a greased 11 X 7-inch baking pan. Sprinkle with the cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 - 30 minutes, or until the center is set. Cut into 10 pieces and serve Hot.
Leave a review or comment