Artichoke And Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- canned artichoke bottoms (14-oz)
- 1/2 c. crumbled goat or possibly feta cheese (2 ounces)
- 1/4 c. minced chives divided
- 1 1/2 tsp minced fresh thyme divided
- 1 1/2 tsp grated lemon rind divided
- 8 x skinless boneless chicken breast halves (4-oz)
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1. Drain artichokes in a colander over a bowl, reserving liquid. Coarsely chop artichoke bottoms. Combine artichokes, cheese, 2 Tbsp. chives, 1 tsp. thyme, and 1 tsp. lemon rind in a medium bowl; stir well.
- 2. Cut a horizontal slit through thickest portion of each chicken breast half to create a pocket. Stuff about 1/4 c. artichoke mix into each pocket. Sprinkle chicken with pepper.
- 3. Heat 1 tsp. oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add in 4 chicken breasts, and saute/fry 6 min on each side or possibly till chicken is done. Remove chicken from skillet. Set aside; keep hot. Repeat procedure with 1 tsp. oil and remaining chicken breasts. Add in reserved artichoke liquid, 1/2 tsp. thyme, and 1/2 tsp. lemon rind to skillet. Combine cornstarch and lemon juice; stir well. Add in to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Return chicken to skillet. Cover and simmer 2 min or possibly till thoroughly heated. Spoon sauce over chicken. Top with 2 Tbsp. chives.
- Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half and 1 Tbsp. sauce).
Leave a review or comment