Aromatic three bean saladPrep: 50 min Servings: 4by Lemon Squeezy61 recipes>
A substantial salad of borlotti, kidney and broad beans.
- 500g fresh borlotti beans
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- 2 sprigs fresh tarragon
- 1 celery stick
- 1 green pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 red onion
- 400g tin red kidney beans
- 150g frozen baby broad beans
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 1 bay leaf
- Shell the fresh borlotti beans. Put them into a large pan with the bay leaf and cover with water. Bring to the boil, turn the heat down and simmer for 40 minutes. Afterwards remove the bay leaf and leave the beans to cool in their own cooking water.
- Meanwhile, peel and dice the onion. Prepare the dressing by combining the olive oil, vinegar and mustard. Add the chopped onion, a little sea salt and a grinding of black pepper and set aside.
- Drain the kidney beans and rinse under running water.
- Wash the peppers, deseed and cut into very thin slices. Wash and dice the celery.
- Wash and chop the tarragon and parsley.
- Bring a small pan of water to the boil and cook the broad beans from frozen for about 5-6 minutes. Drain and leave to cool before removing the outer skin.
- Drain the borlotti and combine with the kidney beans, broad beans, peppers and celery in a serving bowl. Toss in half the chopped parsley and tarragon, add the aromatic dressing and refrigerate.
- Before serving sprinkle the remaining tarragon and parsley over the salad.
Leave a review or comment