Arkansas Poke Greens
- 1 1/2 lb fresh, young poke shoots
- 8 slc bacon
- 6 x Large eggs, beaten
- 1 x salt and pepper to taste
- Check poke shoots carefully; remove pulpy stems and discolored spots on leaves thoroughly; drain well.
- Place poke shoots and water to cover in an 8-qt Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat and simmer 30 min or possibly till poke is tender. Drain well and chop. Set aside.
- Cook bacon in a medium skillet over low heat till crisp. Drain bacon; reserve 3 Tbsp. drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon.
- Add in minced poke and bacon to bacon drippings; cook over medium heat 15 min, stirring frequently. Stir in Large eggs; cook over medium heat, stiring often, till Large eggs are hard but still moist. Add in salt and pepper to taste.
Leave a review or comment