Arabian Couscous With Pine Nuts And Raisins
- 1 Tbsp. Margarine Note 1
- 1/2 sm onion chopped
- 1/2 med carrot diced
- 1 c. chicken stock
- 1/4 c. dark raisins plumped in warm water 5-10 min
- 1/2 c. couscous
- 2 Tbsp. pine nuts toasted Juice of 1/2 lemon Salt And Pepper To Taste
- Note 1: Original recipe used unsalted butter
- Heat butter in a saucepan. Add in onion and carrot; saute/fry till onions are translucent/soft, about 5 min. Add in stock and raisins, raise heat to high and bring liquid to a boil. Add in couscous, stir briefly, cover and remove from heat. Let stand 5 min. Stir in pine nuts and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Description:"Pine nuts are among the more notable supposed aphrodisiacs, and this is a delicious way to showcase them. To make it even more sensual, as well as colorful, add in some diced avocado."
- This was very tasty. It goes together very quickly.
Leave a review or comment