Apricot & Avocado Salad with Lemon VinaigrettePrep: 15 min Servings: 4by Sammie Stricklin1 recipe>
For a quick salad that taste great this is it. It is very simple to make. On a very hot day it is nice to have a very good refreshing salad. Enjoy!
- Lemon Vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup plus 2 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 2/3 cup California Olive Ranch extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs Dijon mustard
- 3 large cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 5-6 cups (about 4 ounces) mixed baby greens
- 1/4 cup whole tarragon leaves
- 1/4 cup Lemon Vinaigrette (See above)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled mild semi soft goat cheese or feta cheese
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 8 dried apricots, each cut into 3-4 strips
- 1. Vinaigrette: Place all the vinaigrette ingredients in a glass jar and seal lid tightly. Shake vigorously to combine. The vinaigrette can be refrigerated, covered, for up to 1 week. Let it return to room temperature and remove the garlic cloves before using.
- 2. Salad: Just before you plan to serve the salad, place the greens and the tarragon in a large salad bowl and toss to combine. Add 3 Tbs of vinaigrette. Toss to lightly coat the leaves, then taste to see if more dressing is needed.
- 3. Transfer the greens to a platter or individual salad plates. Scatter the almonds and cheese on top of the greens.
- 4. Peel the avocado and discard the pit. Cut the avocado lengthwise into thin slices. Arrange the slices around the edge of the platter or plates.
- 5. Sprinkle the apricots over the salad. Serve immediately.
Leave a review or comment