Apple, Cinnamon Rice PuddingPrep: 5 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 8by Micheline120 recipes>
Rice pudding with twist. My husband's favourite dessert.
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) butter
- 1 large apple (peeled, cored and chopped)
- 1 cup (250 ml) short grain rice
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) sultana dried raisins
- 2 cups (500 ml) apple juice non-sweetened
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) each of salt and nutmeg
- 1 can (300 ml) Eagle Brand condensed milk (light or regular)
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and cook the apple for 2 minutes, while stirring. Add the rice and cook for 1 minute. Add the raisins and 1/2 of the apple juice and cook for 1 minutes while stirring. Add the rest of the apple juice, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg, bring to boiling point. Lower the heat to medium/low. Cover and cook from 15 to 20 minutes or until the rice is cooked and tender. Add the Eagle Brand condensed milk, heat up the mixture while stirring. Serve hot with a spinkle of cinnamon or serve cold with vanilla ice cream.
Leave a review or comment