Caramelised Rice Pudding With Winter Fruits Vegetarian
- 6 x Prunes, coarsely minced
- 6 x Dry apricots, coarsely minced
- 1 x Apple, coarsely minced
- 1 x Pear, coarsely minced
- 6 x Figs, coarsely minced
- 8 ounce Sugar
- 1/2 pt Water Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 1 stk cinnamon
- 1 x Bay leaf
- 2 x Cloves
- 1 x Vanilla pod
- 1 x Measure Grand Marnier Rice pudding
- 2 x Vanilla pods, split
- 300 ml Double cream
- 300 ml Lowfat milk
- 1/2 x Lemon, zest of
- 150 gm Pudding rice
- 300 gm Sugar
- 2 x Large eggs separated
- For the syrup, boil the ingredients together gently for 1 hour till they form a light syrup. Pour over fruits and allow to steep till cool.
- Preheat oven 150C/300F/gas mark 2. Scrape the seeds from the vanilla pod. In an oven-proof saucepan, boil the cream, lowfat milk, lemon and vanilla seeds. Stir in the rice and cover with grease proof paper.
- Bake in the oven for 30 min till tender. Remove the rice from the oven and stir in 100g of the sugar. Leave to cold.
- In a saucepan, dissolve the remaining sugar, boil till it becomes caramel, and pour into 6 metal pudding moulds. Allow to cold.
- Remove cover from rice and beat in the egg yolks. Whisk the egg whites till stiff and fold into the rice. Divide between the caramel lined moulds and cover with buttered foil. Bake for 25 min till they have risen and are hard to touch.
- To serve, unmould onto hot plates and spoon a generous amount of fruit compote with each portion.
Leave a review or comment