Apple Cinnamon Baked French Toast
- 1 lb Loaf French bread Nonstick cooking spray
- 8 lrg Large eggs, slightly beaten
- 3 1/2 c. Skim lowfat milk
- 1 c. Sugar, divided
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla extract
- 6 med Apples,peel/core/thin slice
- 3 tsp Grnd cinnamon
- 1 tsp Grnd nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 1. Slice bread into 1 1/2-inch slices. Coat a 9-by-13-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray and tightly pack bread into pan.
- 2. In a large bowl, stir together Large eggs, lowfat milk, 1/2 c. sugar and the vanilla. Pour half of the egg mix over the bread slices.
- 3. Proportionately distribute apple slices over bread. Top with remaining egg mix.
- 4. In a small bowl combine remaining 1/2 c. sugar, the cinnamon and nutmeg. Sprinkle over apples. Dot with butter. Cover and chill overnight.
- 5. The next day, uncover pan and bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 1 hour. Remove from oven and let stand for 10 to 15 min. Cut into squares and serve hot.
Leave a review or comment