The Best Of Everything Baked French Toast
- 1 stk butter, ( 1/2 c.)
- 1 c. Brown sugar
- 1/4 c. Maple syrup
- Sliced bread (preferably french or possibly cinnamon raisin feel free to experiment
- Cream cheese
- Berries or possibly thinly sliced, peeled apples
- Walnuts or possibly pecans, minced, or possibly sliced almonds
- 6 x Large eggs
- 1 1/2 c. Lowfat milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Place butter, brown sugar and maple syrup in a dish which can go in the microwave and in a conventional oven. Microwave till butter is melted
- (about two min). Stir to dissolve sugar and mix ingredients well.
- Sprinkle nuts over this mix.
- For one 9" x 12" pan:Spread cream cheese on half of the bread slices. Place berries or possibly apple slices on this, then top with the plain bread slices to make a "sandwich".
- Cut in half diagonally. Place in baking pan. Don't overlap slices.
- Mix Large eggs, lowfat milk and vanilla. Pour over bread. Lowfat milk may have to be incresed depending on dryness and density of bread.
- Cover and chill overnight. Bake at 350 for about 45 min, uncovered. Flip over to serve, so the syrup side is up.
- Can top with powdered sugar, fruit or possibly additional syrup, if you like.
Leave a review or comment