Apple & Celery SaladPrep: 25 min Servings: 10by K. Garner39 recipes>
Dijon Vinaigrette-based Salad. A great way to use up celery.
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 5 teaspoons honey
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large bunch celery with leaves
- 2 large or 5 small apples, peeled, quartered, cored and thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup walnuts, toasted, chopped
- Whisk first three ingredients to blend. Whisk in oil and season with salt and white pepper.
- Trim celery leaves and chop enough to measure 1 cup. Or use 3/4 cup chopped lovage. Thinly slice ribs of celery, diagonally. Soak celery in bowl of cold water.
- Drain celery; pat dry. Combine celery, celery leaves or lovage, apples, and walnuts in large bowl. Add vinaigrette and toss to coat. Season salad to taste with salt and white pepper.
Leave a review or comment