Amazing Zucchini PiePrep: 20 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 8by Salad Foodie406 recipes>
I came by this recipe from the Parents Action for Children web site, and as the name suggests, it is indeed “amazing.” Rather like a brunch quiche, this is one delicious way to serve summer’s bounty of zucchini. To simplify prep time, use a commercially prepared crust. Then just add a tossed salad and fruit for dessert!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 large zucchini, thinly sliced (about 4-5 cups)
- ½ large yellow onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder (I subbed fresh garlic cooked in w/onions instead)
- ½ teaspoon dried basil (substitute fresh cut if available)
- ½ teaspoon dried leaf oregano
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 prepared 9-inch pie crust
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- (Optional) Fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 376 degrees F.
- In large skillet melt butter over mediium heat and saute zucchini and onion until soft, about 10 minutes. Add the salt, pepper, garlic powder, basil and oregano.
- Spread mustard evenly over unbaked pie crust shell.
- Combine eggs, cheese and zucchini mixture in large bowl. Pour into pie crust shell and spread evenly.
- Bake 30 minutes until lightly browned.
- (Optional) Serve with fresh grated Parmesan cheese.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Leave a review or comment