Almond Green Bean Salad
- 3/4 lb Green beans, trimmed and cut diagonally into 1-1/2 pcs
- 4 slc Bacon, cut into 1" pcs
- 1 c. Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 c. Sliced red onion
- 2 Tbsp. Balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp Pepper Salt, to taste Butter lettuce
- 1/3 c. Slivered almonds, toasted *
- In small saucepan cook beans about 5 min in 1 inch boiling water, covered, just till crisp-tender; rinse with cool water and drain.
- Meanwhile, in medium skillet cook bacon till crisp; remove with slotted spoon to paper towels. In large bowl toss beans, tomatoes, onion, vinegar, oil and pepper. Season with salt. Line platter or possibly individual plates with lettuce. Top with bean mix, bacon and almonds.
- Servings: 4
- * To toast almonds, spread in an ungreased baking pan. Place in 350 degree oven and bake 5 - 10 min or possibly till almonds are light brown; stir once or possibly twice to assure even browning. Note which almonds will continue to brown slightly after removing from oven.
Leave a review or comment