Almond Crusted Tilapia in Coconut Milk GravyPrep: 15 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 4by Sunshine & Smile1 recipe>
- 4 piece Tilapia /Catfish fillet
- 1 cup almond
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbs chilly powder/flakes
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tbs tumeric powder
- 2 cup coconut milk
- 2 cup grated/ finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped coriander leaf
- salt and pepper
- Using a food processor grate the almond to fine dust
- Now add garlic, chilly flakes or chilly powder , lemon juice and mix it properly
- Keep the processor running and add olive oil from top
- If you see that the mixture is too thick , pour some water and make a fine paste . Make sure not to make it runny
- Rub the paste nicely on both side of the fillet and let it rest for 15 to 20 minutes.
- In a pan heat some oil and fry the fillets nicely on both the side and keep it aside. It should take about 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
- In the same pan, add the onion and fry it till itâs golden brown. Add some salt and pepper (Remember not to add too much salt as you already have salt added in the fish fry)
- Pour the coconut milk and cook for 2 to 3 minutes .Now add the coriander leaf and cook for another couple of minutes
- Switch off the heat and dip the fish in the sauce and spead it properly to coat all the fish. Let it rest for 10 to 15 minutes before you serve it.
Leave a review or comment