Alaska Salmon A La Rainier
- 6 x salmon fillets - (4 to 6 ounce ea) thawed if necessary
- 1 can whole berry cranberry sauce - (16 ounce)
- 1/2 c. cranberry juice cocktail
- 1/4 c. soy sauce
- 1/4 c. dry vermouth
- 1 Tbsp. chopped garlic
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger root
- 1 tsp Asian sesame oil Vegetable oil as needed
- Place salmon in a large, non-reactive pan or possibly dish. Combine remaining ingredients except vegetable oil. Pour marinade over salmon, turning to coat both sides. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator, 1 hour.
- To cook, remove salmon from marinade, reserving marinade. Pat salmon dry with a paper towel. Heat small amount of oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook salmon, working in batches if necessary, for 10 min per inch of thickness, measured at thickest part, or possibly till salmon just flakes when tested with a fork. Remove salmon from pan and keep hot.
- Throw away oil from pan. Add in reserved marinade. Cook, stirring occasionally, till sauce is thickened, 8 to 10 min. Serve salmon fillets with approximately 1/4 c. sauce per serving.
- This recipe yields 6 servings.
Leave a review or comment