Easy Grilled Salmon a la Costco
Carb-free, healthy, flavorful, and easy, salmon is the way to go!
- 1 large salmon fillet, boneless, skinless (I get mine from those Costco)
- 2 T Organic Great King Salmon marinade and rub seasoning, more or less (also available from Costco)
- 1 1/2 T Olive Oil
- 2 T Lemon Juice
- Measuring isn't so important. What is important is that you have a nice grill topper for fish and/or vegetables. This looks like a metal tray with holes in it. These are easty to find (Target, wherever). They allow you to grill fish and vegetables that don't do well on the standard, widely-spaced grill grating.
- Wash and pat dry the salmon fillet.
- Rub it with a thin layer of olive oil.
- Sprinkle the seasoning on the fillet.
- Let sit 20 minutes.
- While the salmon is being seasoned, pre-heat your grill to medium. Then place the grill topper on the grill. Once it's also pre-heated, use folded up paper towels to apply a little oil to the grill topper so the food won't stick (don't burn yourself, now!)
- If you cook your salmon within a day of purchasing it from a quality store, then you don't need to cook your salmon well done. It tastes much better at medium, but this is personal preference. Once the bottom side has a beautiful golden brown color, and the top is looking slightly steamed, flip it. It only takes a few minutes on each side to cook a salmon filet. Don't close the lid. Don't walk away from the grill. Don't get distracted. Stay there and ensure perfection.
- Remove from grill and let rest a moment, as you squirt fresh lemon juice over it.
- Remove the grill topper as soon as you're done cooking. Then remember to clean your grill. If it's a gas grill, turn the grill onto high for a few minutes to burn off any particles, then hit it with a grill brush so it will be ready for next use. Always turn a gas grill off at it's source: shut off the LP gas tank before turning off your grill burners This will clear out your gas line and keep you safe.
- OK - back to the salmon. You'll love this. Serve with steamed brocolli or asparagus, or with sauted (or grilled) vegetables, such as bell peppers and mushrooms... any of these work well with salmon.
- After you do this once, you'll find that from then on, this is one of the easiest, tastiest, healthiest meals you can prepare.
Leave a review or comment