Air Fryer Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip CookiesCook: 30 min Servings: 10by Nutrisystem The Leaf27 recipes>
What if we told you that you could achieve the perfect peanut butter chocolate cookie in your air fryer? Our healthy recipe developers at The Leaf have turned this dream into a reality! These Air Fryer Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are perfect for when you’re craving a sweet treat but just don’t feel like turning on the oven. Throw together this quick and easy gluten free cookie that’s filled with creamy peanut butter, fiber-rich oat flour and sweet maple syrup. The best part? Because of the high heat of the air fryer, these cookies are ready to enjoy in just eight short minutes. Just because this epic dessert recipe is missing a complicated ingredient list and unnecessary steps, that doesn’t mean it’s missing out on nutrition! After all, the two main ingredients, peanut butter and oats, are packed with healthy qualities. According to Harvard Health, studies show that people who eat nuts and peanut butter have a decreased risk of heart disease and Type 2 diabetes. Oats are high in a specific fiber known as beta-glucan. The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics explains that eating just one and a half cups of oats containing this fiber daily may help decrease cholesterol and control blood pressure. You only need seven simple ingredients for these quick and easy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip cookies. Get started by preheating your air fryer to 350 degrees and line it with some parchment paper. While you are waiting for your air fryer to heat up, make your own homemade oat flour for the base of your cookies. This can easily be done by placing a half-cup of quick dry oats into a food processor and blending until a flour-like texture is formed. Create a healthy cookie dough by adding in one egg, a quarter-cup of maple syrup, one teaspoon of vanilla extract and a quarter-teaspoon of baking soda. Pulse them in your food processor until well combined. Add in a half-cup of peanut butter and continue to pulse the mixture in your food processor. Once your healthy cookie dough has formed and is completely combined, stir in a quarter-cup of chocolate chips. Your healthy cookie dough is now ready to be made into delicious, soft-baked air fryer cookies. Form the cookie dough into 10 one-inch balls. Flatten them a bit with the back of a spoon to create cookies. Place the cookies into the air fryer, making sure to leave enough room in-between each cookie so that they don’t stick together. You will have to bake them in multiple batches. “Bake” your cookies in the air fryer for eight minutes. Halfway through the cooking time, you may need to flatten the cookies with the back of a spoon again. Once they are finished cooking, remove them from the air fryer so that they can cool for a few minutes before serving.
- 1 egg
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup quick oats dry
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat air fryer to 350°F. Line the air fryer with parchment paper.
- Place oats in a food processor. Process until a flour-like texture is formed.
- Add in the egg, maple syrup, vanilla and baking soda. Pulse until well combined
- Add in the peanut butter and pulse until mixed. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Form the dough into 10 1-inch balls. Flatten them a bit with the back of a spoon to create cookies.
- Place the cookies into the air fryer. Leave enough room in-between each cookie so that they don't stick together. You will have to bake them in multiple batches.
- Bake in the air fryer for 8 minutes. Halfway through the cooking time, flatten the cookies with the back of a spoon again, if needed.
- Remove the cookies from the air fryer and let them cool for a few minutes before serving.
Leave a review or comment