Addiction BrowniesPrep: 15 min Cook: 35 min Servings: 16by Nancy Miyasaki193 recipes>
My friend Joelle brought these to our book club last week and they were a huge hit! Her family affectionately calls them "crack brownies". I had to soften that up a bit...but wanted to capture the fact that these really are addictive! This is adapted from a Martha Stewart recipe.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 1/2 cups packed dark-brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup of M&Ms (holiday colors ideal)
- 18 soft caramel-candy cubes, coarsely chopped (or 1 cup heath bar bits -- not quite as good but easier)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray Pam on a 9-by-13-inch baking pan. Line with parchment paper, allowing a 2-inch overhang on the longer sides. Spray more Pam on the parchment paper (not overhang).
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix butter and brown sugar until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla; mix until well combined. Mix in flour mixture until combined. Fold in half of each of the marshmallows, chocolates, butterscotch chips, m&ms and caramels.
- Spread batter in prepared pan. Scatter remaining marshmallows, chocolates, butterscotch chips, m&ms, and caramels on top. Bake until top is golden brown and a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack. Lift out of pan, and transfer to a baking sheet. Refrigerate until set, at least 30 minutes.
- Remove parchment, and cut into about 16 triangles. Bars can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature up to 1 week.
Leave a review or comment