A refreshing Drink to Welcome All membersPrep: 30 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 50by sanjeeta kk385 recipes>
A natural summer cooler made with mint, lemon and ginger. Refreshing and healthy with no added preservative in it.
- 2 cups of fresh mint leaves
- 6 large lemons
- 1 Kg of sugar
- 1 liter of water
- 1/2 tsp of freshly grated ginger
- A pinch of green color (food grade)
- Pick the mint leaves and wash it in running water.
- Clean and grate the ginger.
- Heat water in a vessel and add sugar to it. Let the sugar dissolve; filter the sugar syrup with a thin muslin cloth.
- Boil it further on medium heat till the syrup becomes a bit thick, about 20 minutes. Take off heat and cool the syrup.
- Now add the mint leaves, grated ginger and juice of lemons. Leave it aside for 4-5 hours to let the mint flavor seep into the syrup.
- Add green color if required.
- Store the concentrate in a clean glass bottle.
- To make the drink, pour about 1 tbsp. of the concentrate and add water to suit your taste.
- Top it with crushed ice and serve the refreshing Minty-lemony drink.
Leave a review or comment