3 Pepper BBQ Potato Salad
A great unusual potato salad with a little heat.
- 2 pounds red potatoes, cubed (do not peel)
- 1 Tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce (your choice)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 12 ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained, patted day & chopped
- 4 scallions, chopped (use white & green parts)
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Salt to taste
- Place potatoes in a large pot and add enough water to cover them by 1"
- Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain potatoes, spread on a rimmed baking sheet to cool.
- Sprinkle the cooked potatoes with the vinegar, refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine the sour cream, BBQ sauce, chili powder, garlic powder, black pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Stir in the roasted red peppers, scallions and cheese.
- When the potatoes are cool, gently stir into the sour cream mixture until well coated.
- Season with salt.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Leave a review or comment