Lightly Pickled Herring And Potato Salad
- 8 x herring fillets - (abt 1 lb total) with skin on
- 1 Tbsp. kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. sherry wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp cayenne Pepper or possibly to taste
- 1 Tbsp. thinly-sliced garlic
- 1/4 c. thinly-sliced shallots
- 1/4 c. medium-diced roasted red peppers
- 5 x Bliss potatoes medium diced
- 2 sprg fresh rosemary minced Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- Rub the herring fillets with the salt and let sit for 30 min. Rinse briefly and pat dry.
- Mix together extra virgin olive oil, vinegar, cayenne, and garlic. Marinate herring in this mix for another 30 min.
- Remove fish from marinade. Boil the marinade for several min and set aside to cold.
- Put the potatoes in a small pot with cool water and salt to taste. Bring to a boil and cook till tender. Drain from warm water.
- Preheat a broiler and broil the fish fillets about 6 inches from the heat source for 3 to 4 min till lightly browned (the fillet should just begin to turn opaque and begin to flake). Remove from heat.
- Toss potatoes with marinade, diced roasted peppers, minced rosemary and shallots. Place potato salad on a platter, place the fillets over the salad and serve immediately.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
- NOTES :
Leave a review or comment