Zuccini (courettes) in wine dough
This is a recipie from Austria, my mom send it to me yesterday (28th of july 2007) :-) thanks mom!
- 1 lb zucchini
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 150 g flour
- 1 pinch baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 20 ml white wine
- 5 ripe tomatoes
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 sprig fresh basil
- 1 small onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 cup olive oil (for frying)
- Cut the zucchinis in lengths, about 1cm broad.
- Grind the pumpkin seeds and mix them well with flour, baking powder, salt, egg and yolk.
- Slowly mix in the wine until the dough is smooth and has a batter consistency, it might be more or less.
- Let rest for 20 minutes.
- Pour boiling hot water over the tomatoes and peel them.
- Cut tomatoes in small pieces and put seeds away.
- Chop onion and garlic and sautÃ© slightly in hot olive oil.
- Add tomatoes and blend.
- Spice with salt and pepper.
- Cut basilca and mix under.
- Heat the oil for frying to 180Â°C.
- Put each piece of zucchini through the dough and fry for 3 til 4 minutes on both sides until golden.
- Serve with Tomato ragout.
- If you should not like tomatoes (shame!) then this is also delicios with remoulade sauce.
Leave a review or comment