zuccini bites of delight
Pizza bites from zuccini!.Well this recipe is so very simple yet so tasty,healthy-pretty much! and also can be made in a jiffy.My kids love these,friends and family always ask for this.Though best eaten when warm,you can still make this ahead,refrigerate it until you are ready to serve.Just broil them some 10 minutes before serving.Great for any kind of parties or get togethers.Winter or summer-this one's a winner!.
- 2 large zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch thick rounds
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/4 cup marinara sauce/tomato sauce/pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 tbsp cheddar cheese grated
- 1/4 cup mini pepperoni pieces, optional
- 2 tbsp ham slices chopped fine
- Italian seasoning, for sprinkling
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp parsely finely choped
- Spray both sides of zucchini rounds lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Broil or grill the zucchini rounds for 2 minutes on each side on med low heat.
- Place cooked zucchini rounds on a large lined baking sheet. Top with small amounts of sauce, cheese,ham pieces and if using pepproni pieces.Sprinkle 1/2 of the seasoning now.
- Sprinkle with finely chopped parsely
- Broil for an additional 1-3 minutes, or until cheese is melted, careful not to burn. Sprinkle with the leftover Italian seasoning and serve warm.
- You can mix and match with any number of other vegges or seasonings and cheese.
Leave a review or comment