Zucchini Spice Cake with Pineapple Cream Cheese FrostingCook: 35 min Servings: 1by Syi28 recipes>
I first made this recipe several years ago for Thanksgiving (in place of the zucchini bread that my mom or I usually bake). My family enjoyed it and said that the pineapple cream cheese icing really set it off.
- 3 c. grated zucchini (approx. 1 pound)
- 1 c. ground walnuts
- 1 c. flaked coconut
- 4 large eggs
- 1 c. vegetable oil
- 2 T. vanilla extract
- 2 ½ c. granulated sugar
- 3 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- PINEAPPLE CREAM CHEESE ICING
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c. (stick) margarine, softened
- 1 (8 oz.) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 lb. sifted confectioner's sugar (approx. 4 ½ c.)
- Preheat oven to 350Â°F. Grease and flour two (10-inch) round cake pans; set aside. Combine the zucchini, walnuts, and coconut in a medium bowl; set aside. In another medium bowl, combine the flour cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt; set aside. In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat together the eggs, oil and vanilla extract until well blended. Add the sugar and blend well. Gradually add the combined dry ingredients, beating well after each addition. Stir in the zucchini mixture. Pour evenly into the prepared pans.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the centers comes out clean. Cool the layers in the pans on wire racks for 10 minutes. Loosen the edges and remove the cakes to the wire racks to cool completely. Fill and frost with the Pineapple Cream Cheese Icing.
- PINEAPPLE CREAM CHEESE ICING: In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese and margarine until creamy. Add the pineapple. Gradually add the sifted confectioner's sugar, beating until smooth and of spreading consistency.
Leave a review or comment