Love soups in the winter and will save this recipe and try it on one of those cold days when soup is the only answer.
Zucchini SoupPrep: 10 min Cook: 45 min Servings: 4by Nanette92 recipes>
What to do with all that Italian squash? Zuppa..Soup! The light refreshing taste is a summer favorite in my family. For a different twist...add a scrambled egg to boiling soup for Squash Egg Drop Soup.
- 2 green zucchini approx. 7 inches long, diced
- 1 yellow zucchini approx. 7 inches long,diced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 box (32 oz) chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablesoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg (optional)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Rinse zucchini to be sure it is free from dirt/grit
- slice lenghtwise, then slice each section into 4 strips and dice
- Set aside
- In a pot, add olive oil and saute garlic and onion for 3-4 minutes until onion begins to appear transparent
- Add zucchini and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add salt and basil continue to cook another 5 minutes until zucchini begins to cook through
- Add broth and water
- Add garlic powder.
- Bring to a boil, and adjust salt to taste, if needed
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes until zucchini is cooked through
Leave a review or comment