Zesty Orange Faraway MuffinPrep: 10 min Cook: 16 min Servings: 12by Culinary Envy188 recipes>
This moist Zesty Orange Faraway Muffin will start your day off right. Bursting with fresh orange tangy flavor, it is crumbly comfort food at its best!
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- ½ teaspoon orange extract
- 1¼ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- Orange Glaze
- 1½ cups confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a 12-cup standard muffin tin with paper liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar with a mixer. Beat in egg.
- Fold in sour cream, orange juice, orange zest and extract.
- In a smaller bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Add flour mixture and pecans to orange mixture and stir until just combined.
- Scoop batter evenly into the muffin pan, the tins should be about ½ to ¾ full in each liner.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until a tester inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then transfer them to a cooling rack.
- To make the Orange Glaze, in a small bowl combine the confectioners’ sugar, orange juice and orange zest and whisk until smooth. Spoon the glaze over each muffin using a spoon. Allow glaze to set before serving.
Leave a review or comment