Zero-oil Chicken Kebabs
In this chicken kebab recipe,not a drop of oil is used and still the outcome is delightful! You can try it during the weekends and trust us you are going to enjoy the kebab.
- 500 gm chicken boneless
- 2 teaspoon turmeric
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
- 3 clove
- 1 large diced tomato
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 4 pinch salt
- 1 yellow pepper
- 250 gm yoghurt
- 2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cinnamon
- 1 small chopped into cubes pineapple
- 5 green cardamom
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 pinches powdered black pepper
- Wash the chicken under running water, rubbing thoroughly so that it is squeaky clean. Put it in warm water with some salt and lime juice and let it remain there for 2-3 minutes. Now take out from this water and wash again with cold water.
- Roughly chop the tomatoes and yellow bell peppers and keep aside. Cut the boneless chicken in small pieces and wash again.
- Meanwhile, make a paste of cardamom, cinnamon and cloves. You can add a little water or a spoon of curd while making the paste. Now add all ingredients to the chicken and vegetables and toss. Use your fingers to mix the marinade well so that the spices coat the chicken and the veggies well.
- Take thin iron skewers and put a slice of pepper, a piece of chicken, a chunk of pineapple and a slice of tomato in it in that order. You can also change the order but ensure that the chicken piece lies in between the veggies.
- Now cook the chicken on low flame on a grill, turning frequently. If you do not have a grill, you can roast the chicken on an open flame on a wire rack. If you do not have a wire rack you can use a roti or papad roaster.
- Keep brushing the marinade on the kebabs and turn them frequently so that they do not burn and are cooked evenly. Once done, remove from fire and allow to cool. Serve with sliced onions, lemons and green chilli along with green chutney.
Leave a review or comment