Zabaglione GelatoPrep: 8 min Cook: 3 hours Servings: 3by Evelyn Scott106 recipes>
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons imported dry Marsala Wine
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whisk yolks and sugar in medium bowl until thick, about 2 minutes.
- Heat milk and cream in medium saucepan over medium heat until mixture bubbles at edges.
- Gradually whisk hot milk mixture into yolk mixture; return to saucepan.
- Stir over medium heat until custard leaves path on back of spoon when finger is drawn across and temperature registers 170 degrees F, about 6 minutes.
- Immediately pour custard through sieve set over another medium bowl.
- Stir Marsala wine, rum, and vanilla into custard.
- Cover; refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Process custard in ice cream maker.
- Transfer gelato to container.
- Cover and freeze until firm, at least 6 hours. (Can be made 2 days ahead. Keep frozen.) Makes about 3 and 1/2 cups.
Leave a review or comment