Yogurt CheesePrep: 10 min Servings: 1by Kari Smith11 recipes>
I didn't see a Y-Cheese recipe ....so thought I better put one in. It's so simple to make and so good....low in fat compared to regular cream cheese. You can use it in recipes that call for cream cheese. No more feeling guilty over haveing cream cheese on your toast. You can add maple syrup or sugar to sweeten the Y cheese if you desire. Or any flavoring , fruit , etc. just use your imagination! Enjoy!
- Good quality plain yogurt ( must not have gelatine )
- Take a piece of cheese cloth and place it in a seive.
- Put seive in a bowl.
- Add the yogurt.
- Cover and place yogurt in the frig.
- Let the yogurt drip over night.
- Throw the whey away or use it elsewhere
- Take the Y cheese & put into a container & keep
- in the frig.
- Keeps well for up to a week or more.
Leave a review or comment