Wrapped meat loafPrep: 15 min Cook: 60 min Servings: 6by Easy Cook - Laka kuharica501 recipes>
Elegant and tasty herbed meatloaf, delicious hot or cold.
- 1 sheet fresh or frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 400 g ground beef
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 tbs mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp each dried oregano, thyme, allspice and cumin
- 1 cup homemade bread crumbs
- Fresh sliced mushrooms or canned mushrooms
- 1 egg, beaten
- Mix well ground beef with garlic, onion, egg, mustard, salt, pepper, herbs and spices and bread crumbs.
- Grease a sheet of aluminum foil. Spread ground beef on foil to form a flat rectangle.Cover ground beef rectangle with smoked pork neck slices. Place line of mushrooms across the width of meat rectangle and roll up jelly-roll fashion, leaving foil behind.
- Place (thawed and rolled out) puff pastry on flat surface, place meatloaf onto the puff pastry; roll and cover with pastry. Trim and seal edges with water. Brush with beaten egg.
- 5. Place the wrapped meatloaf on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake in an oven at 200°C for half an hour, covered with foil. Uncover and bake for additional half hour or until pastry is golden brown.
- Leave to cool (10min), slice and serve with green salad.
Leave a review or comment