William Penn Cheese Cake
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- juice of one lemon
- 3 pounds Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Zwieback crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- Combine and mix eggs, sugar, salt, vanilla and lemon juice until thick and lemon-colored, using mixer on low speed (or hand whip).
- Further soften cream cheese with mixer and add gradually to egg mixture until soft and smooth.
- Combine all crust ingredients, mixing by hand, thoroughly.
- Grease a 10 inch springform pan. Sprinkle bottom and sides with crumb mixture,
- pressing in place with your hand.
- Pour in batter. Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.
- When you take it out, if it seems pale, put it under the broiler for a few seconds to bake.
- Chill thoroughly. Invert on plate, browned side up.
Leave a review or comment