Weight Watchers “Chorizo” Stuffed Poblano Peppers
Points: 7 Weight Watchers Points plus Servings: 5 Serving Size: 1 stuffed pepper Nutritional Info: 250 calories, 14.5g of fat, 20g carbohydrates, 8.86g dietary fiber, 19.9g of protein
- 5 poblano peppers
- 1 14oz Trader Joe's Soy Chorizo
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped finely
- 1/2 onion, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Roast the poblano peppers on a cookie sheet for 10-15 minutes until they begin to soften.
- While the peppers are roasting, add the onions to a skillet sprayed with cooking spray. Cook for about 5 minutes until they begin to soften. Then add the cauliflower and cook for an additional 5 minutes until the cauliflower begins to soften as well.
- Add the chorizo to skillet and cook for an additional 5 minutes until warm.
- Once the peppers are cool enough to handle, make a slit in each pepper and remove the seeds and ribs. Then fill each pepper with the chorizo and cauliflower mixture, diving it evenly among the five peppers.
- Place each pepper side by side in a baking dish and sprinkle with 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is bubbly. Enjoy!
- Freezing instructions: Let the peppers cool and then freeze individually. To warm up simple place in the microwave for 7 minutes at 50% power. Then if needed, cook for 1-2 minute on high. Times may vary according to your microwave.
Leave a review or comment