Walnut-Banana BreadPrep: 15 min Cook: 60-70 min Servings: 16by RecipeKing176 recipes>
Walnut-Banana Bread is an easy, delicous and moist recipe for banana nut bread, which will cause you to throw out all the former recipes you have been using. It is also generally diet friendly being low in calories, low in fat, low in carbohydrates and low in sodium. A WeightWatchers PointsPlus friendly recipe and just barely misses being a heart-healthy recipe.
- 3/4 granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 12 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Extra butter for spreading, optional
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Grease and flour an 8" x 4" loaf pan; set aside.
- TIP: *Use no-stick cooking spray that contains flour to easily coat the pan.
- Combine sugar, the 1/2 cup softened butter and eggs in a bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Add banana and vanilla. Beat at low speed until well mixed. Stir in all remaining ingredients.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake 60-70 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan. Place onto cooling rack. Cool completely. Spread with butter when serving if desired.
- NOTE:[Banana bread is best the second day. Wrap cooled bread tightly in plastic food wrap. Refrigerate overnight].
Leave a review or comment