Veggie Herb QuichePrep: 15 min Cook: 45 min Servings: 6by Mary Joseph24 recipes>
This is delicious the next day for breakfast served hot or cold. Also with this you can pretty much use any vegetables you have lying around in your fridge, not to mention any kind of cheese or herbs. Quiche is a perfect way to utilize odds and ends leftovers. This feeds about 6 people each if you're serving it with other things or as a snack. As a main dish it may feed more like 4 each, just depends on how thick you slice it.
- 2 deep-dish pie crusts (store bought or homemade)
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon fresh Thyme, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 yellow pepper, chopped
- 6 spears asparagus, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cup Fontina cheese, shredded
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl mix eggs, thyme, basil, sour cream, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan heat olive oil over medium heat. Add peppers, asparagus, green onions, salt and pepper. SautÃ© for 3 minutes just to get the flavors going. Remove from heat and allow to cool for a minute or two. Add to egg mixture along with cheese. Mix well and pour into pie crusts.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes. Let it sit for 10-15 minutes before serving. If you are making this ahead of time allow it to cool completely before putting it in the fridge.
Leave a review or comment