vegge nut loaf
A great dinner recipe..for the whole family.Healthy,tasty and easy to prepare.Mix and match according to your preferences.Sustitute with meat,seafood or poultry.your choice.
- 3 tbsp Vegetable oil,plus extra to grease the loaf pan
- 1 big onion chopped finely
- 2 garlic cloves,minced
- 3 celery stalks,chopped finely
- 1/2 cup canned chickpeas,drained,washed and roughly mashed
- Canned Tomatoes 400g
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 3 small carrots,grated
- 1 packet Hazelnut,oven roasted and ground
- 1.5 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 3 tbsp fresh flat leaf parsley,chopped finely
- 2 eggs,lightly beaten
- salt and pepper to taste
- Grease a standard loaf pan with oil.
- Preheat the oven at 350 F or 180 C
- Heat oil in a fry pan over medium heat.Add onion and cook for 5 min or until it softens,stirring often.Add garlic mince and celery and further cook for 2 mins.
- Add tomatoes and cook till it thickens.Remove the pan from the heat.
- Put the ground hazelnuts, bread crumbs,sweet corn, roughly mashed chickpeas,soy sauce and flat leaf parsley in a deep,wide bowl.Add the cooked tomato mixture and mix well.
- Put this mixture into the greased prepared loaf pan and smooth top.
- Cover with a foil lightly and bake in the preheated oven at 350 F (180C) for about an hour.Let it cool and then slice it up and serve!
- Serve with salad of your choice and some spiced yogurt on the side.
Leave a review or comment