Vegetarian Pate or Faux Foie GrasPrep: 35 min Cook: 35 min Servings: 4by Joanne121 recipes>
In our health conscious world, who really wants to indulge in such a fatty delicacy. In the world of Vegans and Vegetarians, we shiver at the mention of this dish. The following recipe will make the Foie Gras lover AND the Vegetarian appreciate the smooth, delicate, winy flavor of this appetizer.
- 4 TBS Promise “Healthy heart” Margarine (you may want to add and additional 2 TBS at the end of puree).
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 tsp capers, rinsed and rough chopped
- 1/4 cup Chambord (or you may use any dessert wine)
- 1 (15 oz) can Garbanzo beans
- 1 tsp white truffle oil – divided (1/2 tsp – 1/2 tsp)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- In a saute pan over low to medium low heat, melt the butter with the onions and let cook about 25 minutes. This will caramelize the onion.
- Add the capers and the Chambord. Let cook about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool 30 to 45 minutes.
- In a food processor, add the garbanzo beans and the butter-onion mixture.
- Add 1/2 tsp of the truffle oil and puree into a paste.
- Add the remaining truffle oil, salt and pepper and if you would like it a bit thinner, melt another 2 TBS of Promise Margarine and add at this time.
- Put into a bowl and allow to chill well, approximately 1 1/2 hours. Serve with toasted buttered bread points.
Leave a review or comment