Vegetarian Black Bean BurgerPrep: 40 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 6by Chef Chuck37 recipes>
Great food for you veggie-heads!
- 3 cups hydrated black beans (canned works best)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1/3 cup each yellow, red, orange and green peppers, finely chopped
- ½ cup sweet corn
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
- Remove the beans for their cans, rinse thoroughly and let strain until dry.
- Place a sautÃ© pan on the stove over medium-high heat. Add the extra virgin olive oil and sautÃ© the garlic just until it begins to brown. Place the chopped sweet onions and peppers in the pan continuing to sautÃ© for 2 minutes. Add the corn, cumin, salt and pepper to veggie mixture and continue to cook for 1 minute. Place the vegetable mixture on a sheet tray and let cool.
- Put the drained black beans in a large metal bowl. Add the beaten egg, breadcrumbs, chopped Italian parsley and cooled sautÃ©ed vegetable mixture. Carefully fold together the ingredients.
- Form the mixture into round balls and form patties. The patties may be sautÃ©ed in a small amount of olive oil, or baked on a greased cookie sheet.
- Serve on a warm whole-wheat bun with guacamole, salsa, tomatoes, onions,mozzarella or pepper jack and lettuce!
Leave a review or comment