Vegetable Bowtie Pasta SaladPrep: 25 min Cook: 7 min Servings: 1by Vanessa7 recipes>
Growing up, my Mother fixed a pasta salad that was so awesome. Well, I did a makeover of that pasta salad with my own twist...by changing the pasta to bowtie pasta, using low-fat mayo and low-fat sour cream and adding more vegetables.
- 2 cups cooked bow tie pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup low-fat or fat-free sour cream
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 cup chopped dill pickles
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet pickles
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 cup broccoli florets, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup zucinni, cut in small chunks
- 1 english cucumber, sliced thin
- 1 small squash, cut in small chunks
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- After the pasta is cooked according to package directions, drain the water off using a colander.
- While the pasta is still in the colander, take another bowl (big enough for the colander to sit in) and place water and a few ice cubes in it.
- Now place the pasta filled colander in the ice water. This will stop the cooking process of the pasta.
- In a large bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, sour cream, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, pickles, and remaining vegetables except the tomatoes.
- Mix well.
- Take the colander out of the ice water and let the water drain.
- Add pasta and tomatoes to the vegetable mixture.
- Mix lightly.
- Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Stir lightly before serving.
Leave a review or comment