Vegan Black Bean Coconut Brownies
AWESOME! Not your traditional brownie, but these are really good and really healthy too! I"ve only made this using my Vita-mix but I'm sure a regular blender will work too, just take a bit longer. When you are ready to purchase your own Vita-mix you can use code 06-003085 for free shipping. So simple, easy and quick. Totally vegan so they can be prepared for any affair any time of year. Inexpensive. High fiber. High potassium. Agave is diabetic friendly. My friends call these my Magical Brownies! They taste something like Mounds. And go great with my coconut milk too :-)
- 1 15oz can black beans
- 1/3 cup agave
- 1tsp pure vanilla
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1tbsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup crystallized cane sugar (optional, but much better)
- 1-2 Tbl corn or arrowroot starch (optional, but I think it helps make it firmer)
- 1-2 whole bananas (I use what I have available)
- 3/4 cup whole oats
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- non stick spray
- preheat oven to 350 and spray your pan.
- rinse and drain black beans and blend with agave, vanilla, cocoa, cinnamon, sugar, corn starch, and bananas. If using Vita-mix start low and increase speed gradually. blend on high and pulse back and forth for a few minutes till you are sure its all liquefied.
- now add the oats and the coconut and blend on 1 for a few seconds just to fold in slightly.
- pour in pan and bake at 350 for about 30-35 minutes.
Leave a review or comment