Veal roast with honey, rosemary and vegetablesPrep: 10 min Cook: 60 min Servings: 4by Easy Cook - Laka kuharica501 recipes>
Wonderful Sunday roast.
- 1200g veal shoulder blade
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 3 leeks, white parts only, sliced
- 3 spring onions, white parts only, sliced
- 4-6 celery stalks, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 carrots, young, whole, washed
- 1 ¼ cup red wine
- Fresh rosemary
- 4 tbs honey
- Zest of one orange
- 3 cups beef broth from 1 cube
- 6-8 small young potatoes, washed, with peel
- Lightly brown the roast on all sides in the olive oil over medium-high heat in a large pan suitable for the oven. Take it out of the pan and set aside.
- SautÃ© leeks, spring onions, celery and garlic for 2 - 3 minutes in the same oil.
- Add carrots and wine, stir. Add few sprigs of rosemary, honey, orange zest and beef broth.
- Place the meat on top of the vegetables, tightly cover the pan and bake in the oven for 30 minutes at 220Â°C.
- Add the potatoes to the meat and vegetables, continue roasting for another 30 minutes.
Leave a review or comment