Vanishing Oatmeal Cookie PancakePrep: 10 min Cook: 4 min Servings: 14by Joanne121 recipes>
Love oatmeal cookies? Well then, have it for breakfast in pancake form. They will fill you up and carry you through the morning. Packed with protein. What you have to remember with this recipe is to not make the pancake too large. The size of a regular oatmeal cookie would be great. You will probably yield about 12 – 15 pancakes if you keep them about 2 1/2 to 3 inches in diameter. I made them full size (about 5 inches around) and they are just too filling and heavy to be made that large.
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 4 TBS brown sugar
- 2 TBS granulated sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups quick cooking oatmeal
- 2 scoops of Whey Protein Powder (vanilla flavor would be best)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Mix the oil and sugars together. Add the eggs then the milk. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, powder, cinnamon, salt, oatmeal, and protein powder.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and fold in. Stir in the raisins.
- Heat a grill pan on medium heat. Spray lightly with non stick spray or add a TBS of butter to grease grill. When hot, add batter in about 1 1/2 to 2 TBS per cake. It will spread.
- Grill about 2 to 3 minutes the first side, flip and grill 2 to 3 minutes the second side. Eat plain or add syrup.
Leave a review or comment