Unbelievable Cranberry-Oatmeal CookiesPrep: 30 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 4by J. Gino Genovesi60 recipes>
The combination of cranberries,pineapple and oatmeal has an unbelievable taste. Serve with coffee or soft drink, it is delicious.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 4 oz. yogurt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 cups oats
- 3 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp. soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1.Using a mixer, cream together brown sugar, sugar, shortening,yogurt, eggs, vanilla and lemon juice.
- 2. In a separate bowl, combine flour, oats, salt, baking powder and soda.
- 3. Add to the egg mixture; beat until smooth. At this point add the pineapple, cranberries and chopped nuts. Mix well.
- 4. Cover and place in refrigerator for an hour or so. Helps to manage the dough better.
- 5. Using a 2" scoop, place each scoop on an non greased cookie sheet, leaving space between them. ( By using the scoop, the cookies will remain plump.
- 6. Bake at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes, or when you note some browning around the edges.
- 7.Place baked cookies on wax paper to cool. When cooled can be place into freezer bags. They freeze well.
Leave a review or comment