Turkish Bell Pepper RecipePrep: 15-20 min Cook: 40 min Servings: 6by sevgi17 recipes>
This is a great recipe to use if you want to introduce some veggies in your diet or even your kids' diets. Although my version is not a vegetarian dish, you can eliminate the ground beef portion and create a veggie friendly meal. Traditionally, the condiment served with this dish is plain white yogurt, but feel free to omit it if you do not like yogurt.
- 6 Green Bell Peppers
- 2 T. Tomato Paste
- 2 Small Tomatoes, Chopped
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1/2 C. Uncooked Rice
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- 3 T. Water- for filling
- *Wash and prepare the green bell peppers; slice the top (see picture above); remove seeds
- *In a bowl, combine the ground beef, uncooked rice, tomatoes, tomato paste, salt and pepper, 3 T. water.
- *Stuff the green bell peppers. Be careful to not over stuff as it can cause the peppers to burst while cooking. If you have any leftover filling, go ahead and freeze it for next time.
- *Put the top of the green bell pepper back on, it will look like a little hat.
- *Place stuffed green bell peppers upright in the pot. Add enough water to fill less than half way. Place them in the pot so they don't tip over while cooking.
- *Cook until green bell peppers are soft, approximately 35 minutes or so.
Leave a review or comment