Turkey EnchiladasPrep: 25 min Cook: 22 min Servings: 6by Sue Britting18 recipes>
I found this recipe in a Rocco Dispirito cookbook and boy does it kill the craving for Mexican food!!! I modified the recipe to make 6 enchiladas. I make a small salad of lettuce finely chopped, scallions and cilantro with a few tomatoes to go with them, this is in picture two.
- 20 ounces ground ground turkey breast
- 6 low-carb low-carb tortillas , I use Tumaro's (Sold at Hannaford)
- 1 1/4 cup fat-free fat-free spicy black bean dip , such as Desert Pepper Trading Company (sold at Hannaford)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 jar (12 ounces) tomatillo salsa, such as Ortega
- 1 cup reduced-fat reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend,
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh fresh cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 450°.
- Heat a large nonstick saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the ground turkey and cook, stirring to break it up a little, until it is just cooked through, about 4 minutes.
- Stir the black bean dip into the turkey. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat tortillas, I use a large skillet and do one at a time as I am filling the prior. If you have a gas stove you can char them over the open flame.
- Lay the tortillas on a work surface, and divide the turkey mixture among them. Fold the sides of the tortillas in over the filling and roll the tortillas up tightly to encase the filling. Lay them side by-side in a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Spoon the salsa over the tortillas, and sprinkle with the cheese. Bake until the cheese is bubbly and the enchiladas are hot throughout, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Sprinkle the cilantro over the enchiladas, and serve.
Leave a review or comment