Triple-Play Chocolate Drop Cookies with Mocha FrostingPrep: 25 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 60by Salad Foodie398 recipes>
Homemade chocolate cookies are a sweet treat by themselves, but a crown of mocha frosting takes them from kitchen counter to coffee table for company-best! Baking chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate chips and cocoa combine for a rich chocolate experience. The cookies are mixed in one large saucepan, keeping cleanup to a minimum.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 1-ounce squares unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 6-ounce package (1 cup) chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee powder or granules
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- Melt 1/2 cup butter and chocolate squares together in large saucepan over very low heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile arrange oven baking rack to middle of oven. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a cookie sheet and set aside.
- Stir brown sugar, egg, vanilla and buttermilk into cooled chocolate mixture.
- Add flour, baking powder and soda, stirring until incorporated. Fold in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Drop by heaping teaspoons onto prepared cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 10 minutes (be careful not to burn bottoms.) Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
- Beat together softened butter, cocoa and coffee granules; beat in powdered sugar, vanilla and sufficient milk for spreading consistency. Frost cookies.
- YIELD: 5 dozen cookies.
Leave a review or comment