Top of the Line Banana Nut BreadPrep: 20 min Cook: 60 min Servings: 30by J. Gino Genovesi60 recipes>
This bread is light and tender yet firm,, and has a mixture of flavors appealing to the taste buds. I began cooking at any early age and mostly used family recipes. However, over the years I have tried many bread recipes and eventually came up with this one. The blend of orange and lemon is satisfying.
- 1 cup butter ( or butter flavored shortening).
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 6 oz. lemon yogurt ( or add 2 tsp. lemon to plain yogurt)
- 6-7 ripe bananas
- 3-4 lg. eggs
- 1/2 tsp. salt.
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp . vanilla
- 3 T. frozen orange juice concentrate
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Optional: 2/3 cup raisin or 1/2 cup chocolate cips ( or both)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Blend together butter ( oleo), sugar, vanilla, yogurt, bananas, eggs and orange concentrate.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Gradually add the flour, salt, baking powder and soda.
- Beat until no lumps.
- Fold in chopped nuts.
- Grease/flour all loaf pans:
- a. If you use 4 x 8 pan, you should get 3 loaves. Fill up to 2/3rd. Bake for about 70 minutes
- b. If you use 4 x 5 x 2 3/4th pan, you should get 5 loaves. Bake for about 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove when baked and let stand for a while before removing from pan.
- Freeze well.
- Shelf life 1 year.
Leave a review or comment