Tomato and Breadcrumb QuichePrep: 2 min Cook: 45 min Servings: 4by Catherine Pappas920 recipes>
- ½ loaf of left over Italian bread
- 4 eggs
- 1½ cups milk
- 4 vine ripe tomatoes – sliced about ¼ inch thick
- 1 medium onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- ¼ cup instant potato buds – (optional)
- 2 cups shredded Monterey cheese
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ tsp. dried oregano
- Olive oil
- Preheat Oven 350 degrees:
- Cube the bread and place in a food processor with garlic, ¼ of the onion, drizzle of olive oil (about 1 ½ tablespoons) and the spices and process until crumb like.
- Press the crumbs into a 10 inch pie plate. There should be bread crumbs left over.
- Dice the rest of the onion and set aside for the eggs.
- Beat the eggs with the milk and add 1 cup of the shredded cheese to the eggs; plus the diced onion.
- Top with the sliced tomatoes, more cheese and more bread crumbs. Repeat this process until used up.
- Sprinkle the instant potato buds on top with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Bake for 40 – 45 minutes until golden and slightly bubbly.
- Let cool a little before cutting and serving.
Leave a review or comment