Tomatillo-Tomato SaladPrep: 20 min Servings: 8by RecipeKing176 recipes>
Tomatillo-Tomato Salad-is a delicious and quick 20 minute recipe for a large gathering. It is a combination of an Italian and Southwestern style recipe. Ingredients include: cherry tomatoes, large tomatoes, tomatillos, onion, cilantro and garlic in an Italian dressing. Seasoned with fresh basil and topped with Parmesan cheese. It is also a healthy, No-Cholesterol, low sodium, low calories, low fat, low sugars, low carbohydrates, heart-healthy, diabetic, vegetarian and Weight Watchers (2) PointsPlus recipe.
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, divided
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 garlic cloves
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 tomatillos, husks removed, each cut into 8 wedges
- 1 small onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into 1/2"-thick slices
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Chop enough cilantro to measure 1 Tbsp.; set aside. Blend salad dressing, remaining cilantro and garlic in a blender until smooth.
- Combine 1/2 cup of the dressing mixture with the cherry tomatoes, tomatillos & onions.
- Arrange the tomato slices on a large platter; drizzle with remaining dressing mixture. Top with basil, reserved cilantro, cherry tomato mixture and cheese.
Leave a review or comment