Tishpishti (Spanish Walnut Cake With Syrup)
- 2 1/4 c. Sugar
- 2 c. Water
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon juice, fresh
- 1 Tbsp. Rose water
- 5 x Large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 c. Walnuts, minced
- 3/4 c. Grnd almonds
- 1 c. Sugar
- 1 x Orange juice and grated zest
- 2 tsp Grnd cinnamon
- Walnut oil, or possibly almond oil, or possibly butter, for pan
- 1. To make the syrup, boil the sugar and the water with the lemon juice for 15 min. Stir in the rose water. Cold and chill.
- 2. To make the cake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mix all the ingredients thoroughly. Line the bottom of a cake pan with foil or possibly greaseproof paper. Brush the foil with oil or possibly melted butter, pour in the cake mix and bake for 1 hour, till browned.
- 3. Immediately turn the cake out into a deep dish. Peel off the foil or possibly paper, cut the cake into serving pcs and put them on plates. Drizzle syrup over each piece, allowing them to absorb the syrup for 15 min, and serve
Leave a review or comment